Friday, March 27, 2009

#6 Biodata

I am currently in my 2nd year of study in the National University of Singapore pursuing a degree in Life Sciences. My interest is in the field of Biomedical Sciences and I aspire to work in Life Sciences related industries that are involved in research, marketing and sales.

Working as an intern for 3 months at the Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, I had the opportunity of conducting experiments as part of my mentor’s Phd project and analysing the results of the research. The knowledge that I gained from this experience has equipped me with the critical thinking skills required in this field.

I strongly believe in maintaining a healthy balance between work and character development. I have been actively involved in the organizing committees of orientation camps and island-wide competitions - one of which I undertook the responsibility as head of the program committee. I was also actively involved in the NUS Science Faculty’s orientation camps as an Assistant Orientation Group Leader. These experiences have taught me a great deal in terms of leadership, time management, communication and creativity.

As an avid fan of sports, I was involved in Track and Field, Netball and Outdoor Activities throughout my course of education. Through the various competitions over the years, I have experienced the value of discipline, team work and sportsmanship.

I hope that my university education and the above experiences can be beneficial to my future career in the working industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment